As Connection Design increasingly becomes integrated into a Detailing package scope, PSDesign answers the call by employing a team of highly qualified engineers – licensed in multiple states. In-house cooperation between engineering and detailing personnel saves the client precious time on time-sensitive projects.
Utilizing DesconBrace, DesconWin, Design Data’s SDS/2, and in-house MathCAD sheets, a master 3D model environment is created and utilized for connection additions and corrections (per the EOR) throughout the project.
PSDesign issues Connection Design packages for engineering firms, steel fabricators, and industrial facilities; delivering Professional Engineered stamped connection details and shop drawings. Present Connection Design capacities are +5,000 tons of steel per month through multiple offices.
- AISC Specifications: ASD, LRFD design
- Steel Shapes & Codes: Domestic and Overseas
- Seismic Conditions: registered Structural Engineer (SE) performs steel connection design in a high seismic zone
- Standard Connections: clip-angles, shear plate, and end plate connections
- Special Structure Connections: moment connection, column and beam splice, high axial, wind, and seismic loaded structure connection design
- Miscellaneous Connections: accurate 3D modeling of ladders, stairs and handrail
- Engineer Review & Shop Drawings: review shop drawings, evaluate connection capacities and provide professional engineering seal